The UP Manila Interactive Learning Center was established in 2004 as part of a system-wide initiative by then UP President Francisco Nemenzo to revitalize the General Education program through the infusion of educational technology.
- To support the interactive learning process through the development and production of multimedia learning materials primarily for the undergraduate programs, including General Education courses
- To develop faculty expertise in the production and development of multimedia learning materials
- To enforce the standard of quality in keeping with the academic practice of peer review
- To implement policies and guidelines for the development and production of interactive learning materials, including the University’s policy on intellectual property rights.
- Produce multimedia materials
- Mentor and evaluate applications for and outcomes of instructional multimedia projects
- Ensure the accessibility of materials to students and faculty
- Organize training sessions on instructional technologies
- Maintain and upgrade equipment and facilities
- Enforce policies that ensure the quality of the materials